Saturday, December 20, 2008

In Studio with Ashton Likes

We're back in Scutter's studio. It's Ashton's turn this time around. I'm here as the official voice coach, beer lady, and meter maid. Matt's currently working his magic on a tune tentatively titled "Rage At The Deli". (Which in no way reflects the song, but was a great suggestion from our friend Dave who owns a great NY deli around the corner.)

I'll be sure to let you know when there's something worth hearing - so far so good. Additionally, Matt and I have been writing again. And who knows? After last week at Double Door, Jerome and I may record our live duet of "Sexual Healing". What do you think? I kid.

Last night was great. We played an acoustic set in the middle of Valentine Dance Studio's Winter Wishes 2008. Being on that stage brought me back to my theater days. They're such a talented group of kids, and I've always admired dancers. I'm so glad Danny asked us to play, and the best part was our butchered "Papa Can You Hear Me?" duet -after party style.

Time to lay down some harmony....

No comments: