Monday, July 6, 2009

I wish everyday was fourth of July weekend

Hi Friends,

Man, what a weekend. Some friends and I went camping in Wisconsin. They're friends now, but before the trip, my friend Heather was the only link between the 6 of us. We joked that the weekend was our very own "Real World". You know, "A tale of 6 strangers, picked to live in a tent..". Our neighboring campers completed the cast of crazy characters. If you ever have the opportunity to camp with strangers, I highly recommend it. There's no better way to get to know someone than sitting around a campfire.

I should mention, this was my very first time sleeping in a tent. I loved it! You should also know that I kept it girly with my hand sanitizer and face cleansing wipes. I was happy to find a neat-freak companion in my fellow camper, Chris. He brought along Wet Ones, and was the only person to not make fun of my travel size Fabreeze. (Hey, tents can be stinky too.)

This trip will be the catalyst for many more camping trips in my future. Next time, I hope to really rough it like a big girl camper. Somewhere in the mountains. I'll be sure to report my progress from city slicker to mountain woman. Heather will be proud.

I hope you all had a safe, lovely holiday, filled with watermelon and pride. God Bless the US!

Cheers,
Lauren

No comments: