Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jet Lag

Hi Bloggers,

I have a confession. Blogging kind of scares me. Unless we've hung out at least a dozen times, I'm a pretty private person. I'm also struggling to come to terms with the culture of social networking sites. It's a love/hate relationship, really. I like that I can keep in touch with people with a click of the mouse, but I also find it difficult to spew my innermost thoughts all over the Internet for any one to read. (Now, if we could communicate by letter, then it would be another story. I love letters.)

Then why keep a blog, you ask? Honestly, I enjoy keeping up with my favorite artists as much as I do my friends. Therefore, I appreciate your interest, and am completely honored to share my journey with you. Unfortunately, in the entertainment business, the line between promotion and candor is blurred. Having said that, I'm going to try my best to keep things personable and true. That is, if you'll still have me?

In the spirit of sincerity, I'd like to tell you about my recent trip to Los Angeles. There's something about that darn sunshine that makes everything alright. I love Chicago, I do, but a step away to taste the breeze was exactly what I needed. I rid myself of snow boots long enough to take meetings, take photos, play a show, write, learn new material, begin new projects, and meet new friends. New, new, new. Knew?

Our show at Room 5 Lounge was great fun. We played an acoustic set, and my friend Megan joined me on stage for a cover of Velvet Underground's "Afterhours". I was so excited for this show, that I forgot to take pictures. Luckily, Megan's sister Kate brought her video camera, and captured the entire set. I'll be sure to add it to youtube.com/laurenfrostofficial just as soon as the postal service will allow. (I left LA in a hurry to get back to play Uncommon Ground, so poor Kate has to mail me the DVD!)

Speaking of Uncommon Ground, our show last night was such a treat. As I said before, I'm very happy to be sharing the stage with such talented ladies. I'm so looking forward to the Wednesday's to come, and hope beautiful collaborations are born. Additionally, the venue has amazing food! I ate the best shoestring french fries I've ever tasted - no exaggeration. I just wish I didn't down them before singing...whoops. Anyway, I hope that you join us the rest of the month.

Alrighty, I think this is successfully my longest post ever. Phew. Now I shall leave you with a ridiculous video taken by my dear Margo Harshman. (Miss you!)





Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those fries were only HALF as good as the bacon wrapped meatloaf.

I'm already hungry for next Wednesday.