Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mac Love

Yuck. I'm sick. I hate getting sick. I've got to find a way to get rid of this sore throat before I have to sing tomorrow night. The NyQuil helped, I slept like a baby. But now what? I've dosed myself with pounds of vitamins, drank my weight in juice, and watched un-Godly amounts of "Intervention".

The only up-side to my sickness, is that my world is forced to stop spinning long enough to hammer down and get to all the computer work I've had to put off. Speaking of computers - My dad got a new one, and so very kindly donated his old laptop to little ol me!!! I'm in love. My goodness, this thing is fast. I guess I never realized what I was missing out on. I now have a huge iphoto, music programs, a built in camera, and the overall works. Deluxe, I tell you. What generous parents I have. I'm typically not one to be impressed by technology, but I'm beginning to see the light.

As for tonight, I'm hoping to stop by Matt's for Ashton's recording session. They've been hard at work while I've been out of town, and I can't wait to hear what they've been coming up with. If it's anything like Ashton's set at the Double Door this past Sunday, I'm sure it will be awesome.


I feel like a proud mama.

This Sunday, it's my turn to join Jerome at the Double Door's Dirtroom. He also played an amazing set last week. It was great to see him with a full band, and I'm looking forward to whatever is up his sleeve for this weekend.

Time for another lozenge. I hope to see you tomorrow night at Uncommon Ground for our third week of "4 Women Only". I'll be there, decongestant in hand.

Cheers,
Lauren

No comments: