Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring Awakening

Is it me, or is the weather beautiful today?

Mostly Cloudy 34°F
Feels Like
25°F

(More like 34, feels like 76.)

I've gotten so used to the frigid cold, that I can't tell if it's actually warm or my brain is playing tricks on me. Can a person bring on the spring by shear will power alone? I can hear the whispers of sunshine approaching. What a day it will be when I can step outside and walk the streets of Chicago without a coat! It's been so long!

Tomorrow night is the "4 Women Only" finale show. To tell you the truth, I'm a little sad that it's ending. I feel lucky to have met such gifted ladies, and I'm grateful that Kat brought us all together. It's really a unique experience - I mean, you put four females in a room like that, you'd think you could cut the estrogen with a knife. Not the case. Every musician has something different to offer, and there is such a sense of comradery. I hope this series is just the beginning of our musical endeavours together.

I'll be adding photos soon. Then you can be formally introduced to my new friends.

As for tonight, I'll be back in the studio with Ashton Likes. He asked me to lay down some harmonies and such. His record is coming along quite nicely.

Now, go play outside!

Lauren


No comments: